Monday, December 2, 2013

Finding your motivation

The new year is less than a month away and people begin to make resolutions to change themselves. It takes motivation to help make a change. If you don't have motivation, it is really hard to make a lifestyle change. I want to lose some weight to maintain a healthy weight. However, I am not going to wait until New Year's to start making my change. To lose weight, I have to motivate myself to eat right and work out. What do I use for motivation? My wedding dress.

I have a 5 months to get to the weight where I want to be before I can start trying on dresses. That will give me enough time because I plan to get married in May 2015 years from now. I want to look stunning on my wedding day. Whenever I am exercising I always think about wedding dresses and how I want to look on my wedding day. I have several wedding dresses thought up in my head. I know that I want a dress that has lace at the top. I want to go shopping at Belle Vogue Bridal next year. It's honestly the best motivation for me.

Another idea of motivation is health. I want to be healthy. I want to change my eating habits now so I eat right and stay healthy. I don't want to have to struggle with my weight later on in life. I know that many health problems have a link to being overweight. The general idea of health is also another great motivator for me.

Once you find your motivation, if you want it bad enough you will be motivated to do anything. However, your motivation shouldn't drive you to the point where you put yourself in danger. Figure out a plan of how you want to achieve your goal and follow it!

"One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes. In the long run, we shape our lives and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And, the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility." - Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment